Nowadays, creative professions have become very popular. Young people prefer to earn money not with their strength and physical abilities, not even with their mind, but creativity. These days, young people are very advanced and already before entering secondary secondary school that they are full with ideas concerning their future profession. Starting to work in the fields associated with creative skills and new tendencies in society is the major goal of today's youth.
It is a true point of view that uniqueness and creativity are the most important tools of success today. Each person possesses his or her own creative potential, that, one wishes to develop these skills and talent by mastering some new profession or a course. The latter will not only suggest a person the space for thinking and creativity, but also invention something new and unusual which has never been done by previous generations. Beside, such creative people are able to build a fundamental starting point for future generations. Here the freshness of a new approach is of great importance.
It is widely known that there are many new fields and tendencies nowdays. Most of these professions are highly creative demanding a sober and unique imagination, for instance, cinema acting, theater acting, writing, dancing, painting, crafts, radio jockeying, anchoring, fashion designing, interior designing etc. There is no doubt, that all of these professions are very popular among young people, but interior designing can be singled out due to its uniqueness. This uniqueness consists in the fact that it gives an opportunity to future designers to transform the whole universe of their ideas and thinking power into the object of creative beauty. Only the noblest people deserve to have the profession of an interior designer. It's in their power to decorate one's house that is considered to be one of the most precious properties in a person's life. It's the place a number of people have already got used to and it's designer's task to make it much better than it was before.
In order to become a good interior designer one has to be able to fulfill the professional demands of the industry. Thus, students should train their working standards in special colleges which have started courses in interior designing. To enter such a college one has to pass an entrance test which is delivered by the colleges to test imaginative analytical skills, technical drawing, sketching skills of the students.
The applications to the interior designing colleges can be made by the student only after he has passed with his 12th exams. The duration of the course can vary from two to four years, it depends on the chosen course and the institute from which the student is planning to receive his education. There are different colleges providing professional courses in interior designing and you are welcome to make your own choice. They are:
> Lovely Professional University, Phagwara
> Academy of Art and Design, Maharashtra
> International Academy of Fashion and Design, Chennai
Architects may design different surroundings, for instance, those designing the houses, offices, hotels, malls, retail shops, film studios, cultural establishments (museums, theaters, cinemas), educational institutions (kindergartens, schools, colleges, institutions, universities) sports establishments (stadiums, sports palaces), nutritional establishments (canteens, cafés, restaurants), medical establishments (hospitals, health centers, preventoriums, polyclinics), public offices, adventure spots, conference halls etc. No doubt, all of designers are always in demand to decorate their interiors as well as exteriors.
After completing his degree in interior designing a student should start his studying as the intern or trainee in some designing house. It is especially necessary to do in the beginning of their career in order to get an experience needed in future activity. This will certainly give a student such an important initial practical knowledge required to implement in further career. There are certain qualities which an interior designing student must possess. Here you will probably ask – What are the Qualities that Make a Good Interior Designer? They are as follows:
– Every future interior decorator should be able to read the mind of the customer and accomplish the designs according to the wishes of the customer. Very often a person is not quite sure what he or she wants to have in his or her house. In this case a good designer should have a skill to feel the client's preferences and dislikes in order to meet his interests.
– A nice Interior designer should keep himself updated with the latest tenders in the design and new developments as well as innovation in the world of designing in general. In order to get new information about progress in the world of design, a designer should visit new design houses, communicate with more experienced interior designers, look through design websites etc.
– A perfect interior decorator must be very creative and imaginative, it means he must be able to implement some new ideas for every new project. There are many interior designers who follow the standard rules of design in which there are good enough because they have often practiced them. No doubt, that such designers are not bad at all, but on the other hand, they are not able to suggest the client something fresh and unique. Thus, their works become more and more monotonous and the development of a designer, as a professional, stops on this stage. Beside, they can not bring excitation in the world of design. So, an interior designer must be creative not only for the sake of his clients, but also in order to refresh the interior design in general.
– The next point also concerns the interests of the customer. A designer should be able to organize the design in accordance with the budget and financial status of the customer. Each new client requires his own approach and his wishes do not always coincide with his material opportunities. In this case a good designer should be rather tactic to suggest his client something identical but for lower price.
– A good interior designer should possess a good sense of texture and color combinations, as well as work on improving his knowledge of different classifications of interiors. Beside, he should be able to define what kind of design could be suitable for this or that room.
– It would be preferred for the designs created by the interior designer to be more than the term satisfactory for the customer. It is needed for further cooperation not only with that customer, but also with those who will probably come to you after seeing your great design made in the house of your previous customer, for instance. Besides, this will ensure your regularity with the organization you work in.
– A designer should have an ability to handle stress and problems which can appear during his activity. Having a problem one should not simply shudder at the thought of possible bigger problems, but real interior designers take the problems by the horn, get things under control, and even if a problem occurs, they try to solve it. Problems of interior designers may include the following: developing a design that their clients will hopefully like, meeting the interests of both clients and building code, having to deal with difficult and attendate clients most of the time, handling different projects all at the same time , etc.
As you can see, the profession of an interior designer is full of difficulties. Neverheless, this is the job bringing real aesthetical pleasure. Beside, it brings great financial reward.