New Yorkers know a good thing when they see it, and VOIP technology is currently taking the Empire State by storm with its low prices and high-end technology that merges phone service with the Internet for incredible convenience.
And while more and more people in New York know what VOIP is (it stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol) finding the right VOIP service provider is another matter.
The following information can help any New Yorker get up and running with their new VOIP service.
1. Find the right price point. You can check around with various services, but New York residents should not be paying more than $25 per month for unlimited personal calling plans, and no more than $60 – $70 per month for small business accounts. (Some promotional offers may lower this price for the initial months of service, however.)
2. Ask about features. Not all VOIP companies provide call waiting, voice mail or caller ID as a standard part of the plan. Decide which features you need from your phone service and then ask your VOIP customer representative about their availability.
3. Ask about customer service. VOIP is a relatively new industry, but the companies that are entering the marketplace are dedicated to providing better customer support than their land-line forefathers. Ask about the availability of live, 24/7 help both by phone and online.
4. Find out about equipment costs. Some companies will include a FREE router and phone adapter when you open a new account. These promotions are valuable, so if you don’t see one offered, ask the representative (be a little pushy, it may help you get what you want).
5. Do your online homework. If you’re concerned about the quality of your future VOIP service, hop online and look for consumer opinion websites that offer customers a chance to offer feedback about their providers. It is here that you will get a clear picture of the customer support, call quality and other key factors in determining which company to use.
6. Ask about International calling. If you’ve got friends, family or business contacts overseas, you’re going to need a VOIP service provider that offers International calling capability. This is NOT yet standard with all VOIP services, so ask before you sign up.
7. Don’t forget about FREE calling within the network. Finally, be sure to ask about one of the biggest benefits of VOIP service – free calling to other customers who receive the service. This is a great way to save money and get other people excited about using VOIP. Just be sure to confirm that your service provider offers it!
For reliable, affordable VOIP service in the New York area, visit www.itpvoip.com. Unparalleled customer service and amazing price packages are what helped ITP VOIP be rated #1 in customer satisfaction in New York and the #1 VOIP provider in the United States by users. Every day, ITP VOIP strives to bring you the best service is the country. Contact www.itpvoip.com today for more information about how to get started.